Happy September, dear friends! I have a terrible time believing that it's already September, but I'm excited for all things fall. When I was a kid September always meant the start of school, but now September means new school supplies, new starts, and all things warm and cozy.
But before I share my faves, I want to introduce you to this month's co-host. It sounds cliche to say, but this friend (and penpal!) has not only encouraged me, but taught me so much about what it means to be a follower of Christ and gracefilled single lady, too. She's awesome, to say the least.
hey, y’all! i’m amber. i am a small town oklahoma girl who loves Jesus, coffee, photography, and blogging. under the oklahoma sky is a place where i share what’s on my heart, daily happenings, and way too many photos of wildflowers.
I was pumped to hear that Amber wanted to co-host the link-up with me. And even more pumped to hear that she's a fellow fall fanatic. So here's to fall and sharing our fall faves! I can't wait to check out all of your posts!
Sidenote: You'll notice that the photos in my post are very fall-ish. Well, it's definitely not fall-ish over here right now so I stole some photos from a post I did last year. Forgive me?
1. Favorite fall fashion/clothing item? I'm cheating, but I'm going to say three things because I don't play favorites. So cardigans, scarves, AND boots. Best outfit ever (well, that and some pants and a shirt).
2. Favorite fall drink? I'm all about apple cider. Not the spiced stuff, but the freshly squeezed bottles I get from the farmer's markets in town. The spiced warm cider is good, but the real cider is just like eating an apple but in liquid form. I just made it sound super yummy, right?
3. What's something on your fall bucket list? To go on morning hikes! When the fall weather cools down, there's something about the forest air that gets even fresher and crisper. And breathing in that cool air is exactly what I need on the weekends.
4. Favorite fall recipe? Ooh, that's a tough one. I don't really have a favorite fall recipe, but I realllllly love roasted vegetable pizza with feta sprinkled on top. It's a lot like this recipe, except we sprinkle feta on top instead of using ricotta and we often add a little bit of sausage on top, too.
5. Halloween candy or Pumpkin Spice Latte? If you know me and my distaste for coffee (gasp!) you know what I'm going to say. And while I love plain dark chocolate, I'm going to go with KitKat bars or Twix bars. Because sometimes life calls for an even sweeter piece of chocolate.
6. Favorite fall scent? I'm all about the smell of fall air. But I also love the smell of anything baking in the oven. Or some stuffing cooking, too. I'm alll about stuffing.
7. Favorite fall holiday? You could probably tell from my last answer, but I'm a Thanksgiving girl through and through. I mean, eating AND family AND a focus on gratitude? Yes, please.
8. What is fall (weather) like where you live? Well, it's been hot lately (think 90 degree weather!) but fall is usually a cooler, drier climate until the rain starts. And then it's rainy. So it's pretty much a little bit of everything.
So what's fall like where you are? What are some of your fall faves? Write your post and link up below! Amber and I cannot wait to see what you have to share.
Oh, and here's the list of the questions/prompts that we answered. As always, make your post your own and pick and choose which ones you write on (or you can even add a few of your own, too!).
1. Favorite fall fashion/clothing item?
2. Favorite fall drink?
3. What's something on your fall bucket list?
4. Favorite fall recipe?
5. Halloween candy or Pumpkin Spice Latte?
6. Favorite fall scent?
7. Favorite fall holiday?
8. What is fall (weather) like where you live?
And if you're social media savvy, feel free to use the hashtag #thecirclelinkup and grab this button, too!
In case you're a planner like me, next month's topic and date has been decided and what better place to announce it than here? I'll be co-hosting a special book-themed post with a very special co-host where we'll share our favorite books of the year, what we just finished reading, what we're reading next, our favorite book(s) as a kid, and what book we'd take if left on a deserted island. The link-up will open on Wednesday, October 22nd and I can't wait to see you all then!