October 8, 2014
FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR.
I tend to see fall as a new beginning, but I was recently reminded that we're nearing the end of the year. As in, sooner than later, I'll be writing 2015 on calendars, checks, and stationery as well. Can you believe that this year has flown by so quickly?
So with only a few months left in the year (has it really sunk into your mind yet?), I've decided to make my fourth quarter goals list, as inspired by Kenzie at Hello, Neverland.
1. CONTINUE TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. It sounds vague but seeing as full is my word for the year, that's one of my top priorities.
2. GET BACK TO RUNNING. I've had to take a break because of my knee but I've really missed my weekend morning runs and am hoping to get a few more in the mix before it gets dark and rainy.
3. FOCUS ON SELF-CARE. I'm quite terrible at it (blog post to come!) and it's something I've noticed runs in the female side of the family. But a wise mentor reminded me that if I want to take care of others, I need to also take care of myself.
4. FINISH READING BOOKS. I have so many books on my shelf that I have yet to start and finishing at least one is on my to-do list. And yes, I do like to make achievable (aka easy/lame) goals.
5. MAKE THE MOST OF MY "HOME." A lot of you know that I still live at home and while I can't really claim my home as "my home" I can still contribute and make the most of it. For me, that means helping out with chores, walking the dog, or just hanging out with my family.
What are your goals for the rest of the year?