Happy November, lovelies! I am super excited to introduce you to this month's co-host and topic and then check out all of your posts. It continues to amaze me that people love this link-up as much as I do. You are all sooo awesome. Seriously.
Speaking of awesome, here's this month's co-host who is well, just plain awesome. She's so sweet, so wise, and definitely someone you want as your friend. But I'll let her introduce herself:
Victoria blogs over at Through * For * By where she hopes that her readers will find something that will brighten their day, encourage their soul, and give them a reason to praise God. Feel free to e-mail her at email@example.com she would love to hear from you!
Yep, I told you Victoria is awesome. That said, don't forget to check out her blog and post to see what her essentials are!
When I was writing my post, I had a hard time choosing what theme I would choose for my list of essentials. I could do a general lifestyle one, but after hibernating in this chilly fall weather (think 36 degrees!), I decided to create a more weather-appropriate one.
Think blogging essentials meets cold weather. AKA cold-weather blogging. You didn't know that was a real thing? Well, if you ask me, fall/winter is prime blogging time. Cold weather outside means less time running and frolicking and fields and more time writing and reading blogs. Am I right or am I right?
So here's my list. If you have any suggestions to add to it, let me know!
1. PILLOWS (AND COZY BLANKETS) | Cold weather calls for a cozy surrounding and there's nothing like a pretty pillow and cozy blanket to warm you up (and brighten up your space!).
2. MUSIC (LIKE HILLSONG) | If there's nothing on TV, then I'll plug in my earbuds, open up Pandora, and listen away while I type. My favorite stations for writing? Phillip Phillips and Hillsong United.
3. GOOD TV (AKA PARENTHOOD) | We all know Parenthood is a great show (you knew that, right?). Even though it's not usually a blogging TV show (too many tears, I tell ya!), it's still one of my all-time faves.
4. INSTAGRAM | I find a lot of inspiration and creativity up on Instagram and it's fun to take a little break from typing and check up on what others are doing.
5. NOTEPADS | List-making is my jam and keeping a notepad (or sticky notes) on my desk is a must for this girl over here.
6. STATIONERY | Snail mail is one of my favorite ways to catch up and encourage blog friends. I'm horrible at sending them out, but it's one of my favorite things to give (and receive!).
7. WATERBOTTLES AND/OR MUGS | Gotta stay hydrated, right? I got that cup earlier this year and looove it. Pretty, insulated, and the perfect size, too.
8. ARTWORK (AND A WORKSPACE) | If you ask me, a pretty (and clean!) work area is the best kind of area to work in.
9. HOODIES AND SWEATERS | I'm one of those girls who lives in hoodies and sweaters. I love to be warm and also don't really like my arms (you're welcome for that odd factoid) so hoodies and sweaters solve two problems in one.
10. SNACKS (LIKE SWEET POTATO CHIPS) | I am a major sucker for carbs and sometimes life just calls for a snack. You've gotta feed your brain, right? One of my favorite snacks is those sweet potato chips. Soooo good.
So what are your essentials? Do you have essentials for work? Your closet? Or even your family? Or what about blogging--do you have anything to add to my list? I'd love to hear what you come up with and cannot wait to see your posts!
And if you're social media savvy, feel free to use the hashtag #THECIRCLELINKUP and grab this button, too!
Next month we're sharing our Christmas Wishlists! You know you love them as much as I do! I'm secretly hoping to find some gift ideas for some of my friends and families by checking out your lists and I know I'll likely find gifts to add to my own wishlist as well. So write up your list and share them on Wednesday, December 17th!