June 15, 2015
It's officially summer break for me and even though I want to slow things down a bit, I want to keep myself moving and growing. I want to be productive while also savoring each moment that I've got.
Because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that summer is wayyyy too short.
1. BUILD MY CLOSET. I have been trying to work my closet and have been slowly adding pieces that I feel like I can wear for years to come. I've slowly taken out pieces that I've had just to "fill" my closet space and am adding in pieces that I like. I'm not perfect, however, I still have pieces that I've bought on a whim and have since regretted it, but I feel like I'm slowly learning what works best for me.
2. PREP FOR THE FALL. I have a lot coming my way come September so I've slowly been trying to gear up for the fall and get ready for a new school year--with a new job! I cannot really get into many details yet, but it's a good change, friends. A really good one.
3. FIGURE OUT THE BLOG'S FUTURE. With a new job, comes a little bit different schedule. I'm hoping this summer will give me time to figure out how I'll fit my blog into my new work schedule and responsibilities.
4. WRITE MORE. Write more letters, write more fiction, and write more posts. Just write, write, write.
5. TREAT MYSELF AND THOSE AROUND ME. I've been learning that part of self-care is not only caring for yourself but caring for those around me. So my goal for this summer is to treat my friends, my family, and myself with little things like dessert, surprise goodies, and the like. It's the little things, right?
6. FITBIT IT UP. My sister let me borrow her old FitBit earlier this month and since then I've been hooked. I was once a little skeptical of the whole personal fitness tracker craze (especially since they can be so spendy!) but I love the challenges and how it makes working out fun.
What are your goals for the summer?