|image via Unsplash.|
So as I sit here, typing away, I hope you know these truths. Because as a girl who's been in single, been in a relationship, and been heartbroken and single again, you should know that they're truths no matter your relationship status.
1. You are not defined by your relationship status. No matter what stage in life you're in, you cannot let your relationship status define you. Just because you're single, it doesn't mean that you'll be in the life stage forever and that singleness has to define you. Similarly, just because you're in a relationship, it doesn't mean that you're defined by the ring on your finger and Facebook status. Remember what makes you YOU and live our YOUR life because no one else can live it.
2. You need friends and community. Cultivate friendships with people who will speak truths in your heart, instill wisdom and encouragement into your life, and keep you level-headed throughout your life. You need these people because when you're weak (whether you're wooed by love, broken by heartbreak, or sad by singleness) you need them to keep you going. And you'll also need a squad to help you celebrate the good times with, too
3. You are beautiful. You are kind. You are strong. You are smart. And you are loved. Just because a man does not say it does not mean it's not the truth. And if he doesn't, he's probably not the one. And even if you don't have a man to tell you these words, you should know that it's the truth. The Creator of the entire universe made you and that's got to mean something, right?
4. You need Jesus. No matter what stage in life you're at, you NEED Him. You need Him when you're sad, you need Him when you're excited, you need Him when you're doubting, and you need Him when you're doing just fine. Make Jesus your Rock, your peace-maker, and your God. No man can or should ever take that spot.
5. Each season has its ups and downs, good times and bad. You'll have good days and bad days, no matter what your Facebook status says. Things may not go as you planned. Words may be said, dates may be forgotten, and tears may be shed. And there will be times when you wonder why you're in the situation/season that you're in, but you've got to make the most of it and you've got to be grateful for it, too. Find the good in the best of times and the worst of times. That's what will help you through them!
6. You've got to enjoy life, no matter what. You all know I'm all about celebrating the little things in life. So go ahead and celebrate the time you ran your fastest mile. Or the time you baked the perfect pie. Celebrate the anniversaries and the milestones. And remember that you've only got this one life to live. So live it, loved one and live it well.
What truth would YOU add to this list?