Welcome! I'm Kiki and I'm the girl behind this little blog. By day, I'm a preschool teacher and college instructor (read more here, if you're confused!), and by night I'm a blogger, road-trip lover, avid photo-taker, sister, music-lover, writer, and lover of the simple things in life.
I started my blog over six years ago with plans to be the next big DIY blogger. I nearly gave up on blogging when I realized that platform wasn't meant for me. Fortunately, God had other plans in store because shortly after that, I discovered my love for writing about finding beauty in my messy--but very full--life.
So now this space is dedicated to life and all of life's adventures. A place where I share about my love for Jesus. And a place where I can write about my hopes, dreams, worries, and prayers. I believe authenticity, vulnerability, and openness brings people together so it's my hope that I can start that conversation and you'll join in. I tend to post over here on Mondays, but I'm not one to crank out content just to fill a spot. I hope and pray the words here would be filled with meaning, life, and love--from me to you.
And because I'm a list-maker, here are ten things you should know about me:
1. I'm a textbook ISFJ and Highly Sensitive Person. Introverts unite!
2. I crave organization and simplicity.
3. Running, cooking, and hiking are my stress relievers.
4. I dream of adopting one day--and it's been a dream of mine since I was nine.
5. I have a thing for sunsets + starry skies.
6. Cardigans, cute children's books, and carbs are my weaknesses.
7. As a kid, I dreamt of becoming an author or teacher--and now, through blogging, I get to write and teach!
8. Fresh flowers make me smile (especially ranunculus and anemones!).
9. My family are my best friends.
10. White and gold make for the best color combination (throw in a little exposed brick and you've got me swooning).
But this place isn't just for and about me. It's here so I can connect with you. I want to meet you, exchange emails with you, and pray for you, too.
Let's be friends, okay?